Biomechanics of Seating
Date: 4th April 2018
Time: 9:30AM - 1PM (Registration will start at 9AM)
Where: AMS Silverwater Training Centre
CPD: 3 points
This intermediate level workshop allows professionals the opportunity to enhance their clinical reasoning skills in determining the optimal seating and positioning strategy when dealing with clients with complex postural and mobility needs.
It applies evidence-based knowledge to seating and postural management and aims to guide health professionals through the seating process, from the postural mat assessment to the prescription/ final product set up.
Participants can also expand their practical knowledge and skills with seating and positioning by hands on moments during the session.
- Principles of posture and seating
- Biomechanics as applied to posture management
- Seating and positioning assessment process
- Mat assessment
- Translating findings into equipment set up
- Case presentations and problem solving
Light lunch will be provided on the day.